payments

Is it usual to be constantly asked for more money on your payment schedule? Lucky I checked my email as they were trying to more than double my payments…before I stopped them. There is no way that’s justified

Is it usual to be constantly asked for more money on your payment schedule? Lucky I checked my email as they were trying to more than double my payments.....before I stopped them. There is no way that's justified

Have you checked recent threads on this forum covering similar queries to yours?

It is a shame as Bulb started off quite good, it is common policy from them now to hike the price of your DD up based on the “so called computer estimated” for the remainder of the year, all the time they have extra money from you in their account they get more interest, they will let you change the DD back but they don’t shout about it hoping you wont.
Obviously sometimes people do need to top up to cover winter usage however where you are several hundred pounds in credit it is them trying it on, all the other companies are the same, I did hope Bulb were going to be different but apparently they have an internal policy (that means secret…) to hike your DD up where they think they can get away with it.
Apart from that they are actually quite good, they were recommended to me by a family member who works there…

@Stinkwitch We are getting in touch to recommend what payment we believe you should be on to cover your upcoming usage. You can reduce it back down to what you were paying before. Just make sure you keep an eye on your account to see that it doesn’t go into debt.

@malcyjb We don’t gain interest on the money that is in your Bulb account. We hold it so that you don’t build a debt over winter that you then have to pay us off, or then increase the monthly Direct Debit every winter. We want our members to be paying for what they use, not more or less and to spread this cost evenly throughout the year.