Payments

Hi my first advance monthly payment is due out of my bank tomorrow, I have insufficient funds due to paying last electric company and unable to find funds immediately,so can payment date be changed till funds are available 1-2 weeks?

Hi my first advance monthly payment is due out of my bank tomorrow, I have insufficient funds due to paying last electric company and unable to find funds immediately,so can payment date be changed till funds are available 1-2 weeks?

You are posting your personal circumstances on a customer community forum, It would be more prudent of you contacted the Bulb team direct to discuss your situation their details are via the Help page.

I would say it is now to late to do anything about the taking of your first payment to Bulb.

Hi @mala,

If your first payment date doesn’t suit you, we can move it by up to 2 weeks. If you either send us an email to help@bulb.co.uk or give us a call on 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm) we can get that sorted for you. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Pollyanna