payments

If I have a credit balance of 455, average usage of 103 per month and monthly payments of 105 why do bulb want me to increase my monthly payment to 172 ? Seems almost dishonest

Ignore what they say, I do!!! Bulb do the same thing to me, albeit with smaller amounts of money. Yes it is annoying, but just ignore.

Just disregard their suggestion and set your direct debit amount to whatever you think is reasonable for your circumstances.

If I have a credit balance of 455, average usage of 103 per month and monthly payments of 105 why do bulb want me to increase my monthly payment to 172 ? Seems almost dishonest

In simplistic terms this article https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work- explains how the process should work? If your figures are correct then there should be no need to increase your monthly payments, in which case ignore the request to increase your monthly direct debit.

Perhaps someone from Bulb can explain why this situation arose?

Although from time to time I have been asked to increase my monthly DD it has been a very modest increase and nothing like your increase…

Hi @richard48

Hmmm. Something looks a bit funky on your gas meter readings. The closing meter reading when we exchanged your meter was significantly higher than previous meter readings. I suspect these have been entered incorrectly by the engineer when the meter was exchanged.

I’m going to drop you an email with details to confirm.