Permanently refuse "smart" meter ?

Just joined Bulb, and was a tad irritated that the first thing that happened was I got a mail telling me how great Smart Meters are (they aren’t).

How can I let Bulb know that I’ll be seeing Satan on ice skates before I have a smart meter fitted, and I don’t want any more “nudges” to get one ?

Thanks all !

I made this suggestion in a forum post some while back, but answer came there none.

Well obviously they’re desperately chasing up the target set by the government. But until a smart water meter saves me water, and a smart gas meter saves me gas, I’ll take a raincheck on the “smart meters save energy” bollocks, and carry on being a refusenik.

I’ll be honest. I was a tad disappointed that my first post sign communication was that email.

I’ll be honest. I was a tad disappointed that my first post sign communication was that email.

I’ll also be honest I have had three requests to sign up for a smart meter, I don’t want a smart meter but I didn’t find the emails an irritant.

Should I get to the stage of them being annoying I would give Bulb a buzz.

@JasonL no problem at all, I’ve made sure we won’t send you any further emails about smart meters. @Allanr - we’d be happy to do the same for you if you’d like? We can stop smart communications for any and all accounts, you just need to give us a shout to let us know :slight_smile: - by email is best: help@bulb.co.uk