Pointless "SMART" meter

Iv’e done more to cut my energy usage in the last few months than I ever have. Turned off the Immerssion heater, dont leave any thing on standby etc etc, gone to the extent of bringing 3 Lt of hot water home in a flask ( enough for my evening+morning cups of Tea and daily shave, shower heats up instantly … ) got my usage down to about 50 - 70p per day :-).
Just got an estermated Bill from bulb £10 more than my monthly payment … Iv’e used 163 units this month , roughly about 30 quids worth , not the £71.00 that Ive been billed for !.
Ok easy to remedy , submitted a meter reading whilst typng this …think its already bee ammende .
My question is WHAT IS THE POINT OF A SMART METER ? If Bulb are going to work my energy usage out with ESTIMATES !!!

Iv'e done more to cut my energy usage in the last few months than I ever have. Turned off the Immerssion heater, dont leave any thing on standby etc etc, gone to the extent of bringing 3 Lt of hot water home in a flask ( enough for my evening+morning cups of Tea and daily shave, shower heats up instantly ........ ) got my usage down to about 50 - 70p per day :-). Just got an estermated Bill from bulb £10 more than my monthly payment .......... Iv'e used 163 units this month , roughly about 30 quids worth , not the £71.00 that Ive been billed for !. Ok easy to remedy , submitted a meter reading whilst typng this ......think its already bee ammende . My question is WHAT IS THE POINT OF A SMART METER ? If Bulb are going to work my energy usage out with ESTIMATES !!!!

Does the SMETS2 actually work? Has a smart reading every been recorded on your readings list?

My question is WHAT IS THE POINT OF A SMART METER ? If Bulb are going to work my energy usage out with ESTIMATES !!!!

The answer to the question as posed is simply, there is no point.

But the question is poorly formed, it’s the equivalent of saying “my car wont start, WHAT IS THE POINT OF CARS?”.

You can’t judge the point of something in general from the specific case where it’s broken.

My question is WHAT IS THE POINT OF A SMART METER ? If Bulb are going to work my energy usage out with ESTIMATES !!!!

The answer to the question as posed is simply, there is no point.

But the question is poorly formed, it’s the equivalent of saying “my car wont start, WHAT IS THE POINT OF CARS?”.

You can’t judge the point of something in general from the specific case where it’s broken.

Yeah, and it would be COMMON COURTESY for BULB to explain that " there is a “problem” when sendind out Bills ! , you can type enough other rubbish when it suits you IE "Suggested increase payment to £93.00 per month LOL

Yeah, and it would be COMMON COURTESY for BULB to explain that " there is a “problem” when sendind out Bills ! , you can type enough other rubbish when it suits you IE "Suggested increase payment to £93.00 per month LOL

Ok dont bother answering the really easy questions I asked to try and help. You’re just here to be a troll, good day.