Poor communications from Bulb

Just received an email telling me I am £72.78 ‘in debit’ even though there are pending payments to the value of £65 in my account. You really should take account of pending payments before sending out these ill-judged emails, particularly as I have previously been told on here, by Bulb reps, that a pending payment is as good as a cleared one. These emails suggest otherwise.
I’ve topped up by an additional £10 to put me back in credit so, as far as I’m concerned, my obligations to Bulb are covered.
Communications with your customers should be better than this, Bulb.

Just received an email telling me I am £72.78 'in debit' even though there are pending payments to the value of £65 in my account.

Even after the payment your account would still be overdrawn, so the email notification seems to be appropriate even if the actual value quoted is not based on the final cleared balance.

I've topped up by an additional £10 to put me back in credit so, as far as I'm concerned, my obligations to Bulb are covered.

Bulb take payment in advance, and so your account should always be in credit by no less than one full monthly payment. You would need to top up by an additional £62.78 in order to cover your obligations against the agreed T&C.

@metermaid

If I understand this correctly, your statement was prepared today 18 January 2019 which says:

Balance = -(i.e. minus sign)£72.78

and in the next day or so your statement will include

Paid = £65.00 (which will give a Balance of -(i.e. minus sign)£7.78 )
Top Up = £10.00 (which will give a Balance of £2.22)

As customers of Bulb (me included) are required to pay at least one month in advance for their energy it means you have a balance of just £2.22 to pay for your energy between 18 January and 18 February.

Pending means your DD payment has not yet reached your Bulb account and therefore it is quite valid to say your account is in debit until such time as that payment reaches your account.

Thank you for your comments but my post was directed at Bulb. An answer from a rep would be appreciated.
As far as I’m concerned, if my account is in credit, including any pending payments, I am in the black and that is enough.

Thank you for your comments but my post was directed at Bulb. An answer from a rep would be appreciated. As far as I'm concerned, if my account is in credit, including any pending payments, I am in the black and that is enough.

In which case you should contact Bulb directly instead of posting on a customer forum.

Also, it’s up to customers to decide if they’re happy with how accounts operate before they sign up. Bulb is very clear about the requirement to always have a credit balance of at least one full monthly payment. If people don’t want to do that then Bulb is obviously not the right energy provider for them.

Thank you for your comments but my post was directed at Bulb. An answer from a rep would be appreciated. As far as I'm concerned, if my account is in credit, including any pending payments, I am in the black and that is enough.

In that case if you wanted an answer from a Bulb rep I don’t understand why you posted on this Community Forum as opposed to contacting the Bulb team direct? Their details are on your statement which says:

First point of call If you have any questions about your energy statement, email us at help@bulb.co.uk and we’ll get right back to you.

This board is called ‘Help & Support’ and there are Bulb reps answering questions here. My question was clearly aimed at them, not other customers who have nothing better to do than haunt this place with the sole purpose of belittling other users.

@metermaid

I would not deliberately try to belittle you or anyone else for that matter.

Personally if I had concerns about my account I would be contacting the team direct rather than sharing this on a forum.

To be pedantic this forum is called Bulb Community Forum which on its home page shows four boxes one of which is “Help & Support”.

Also on the Bulb Community homes page it does say Don’t forget, if you’re having trouble with your account, get quick answers in the help centre , genuinely it may not be too obvious but the Help Centre is accessed by the Help Button at the top of the page. On the Help page is details on how to contact Bulb.

Thank you for your comments but my post was directed at Bulb. An answer from a rep would be appreciated.

I recall we had this same discussion last time you posted on here.

This board is called 'Help & Support' and there are Bulb reps answering questions here. My question was clearly aimed at them, not other customers

This board on the community is indeed called “Help & Support”.

If you look underneath that title you’ll see (my emphasis):

If you have a problem and think the community can help, this is the place to discuss it. If you want a quick, short answer to a specific question about your account, start in the help centre.
This is specifically a forum for help and support from other customers. It's true that Bulb staff do post on here, but primarily the support is from other customers who haunt volunteer with the sole purpose of belittling helping other users. If you want to talk specifically to Bulb staff then you need to contact them directly using the communication details available in the Help Centre.
who have nothing better to do than haunt this place with the sole purpose of belittling other users.

At no point has anyone said anything to belittle you or anything derogatory. Such language is not accepted on here. I’m sorry you feel that supplying information in a factual and straightforward way to be belittling.

@Hooloovoo

Thanks for reminding me, I hadn’t realised until I just checked previous threads that I had also participated in earlier discussions with the OP.

This board is called 'Help & Support' and there are Bulb reps answering questions here. My question was clearly aimed at them, not other customers who have nothing better to do than haunt this place with the sole purpose of belittling other users.

As mentioned earlier which I extracted from my statement and I assume is on your : First point of call If you have any questions about your energy statement, email us at help@bulb.co.uk and we’ll get right back to you. .