Poor customer service??

I am wondering if anyone else has suffered the problem of no response to emails? I asked a question and then chased it up - no answer!!

How long did you have to wait? If it’s over 5 days then you get a tenner as an apology.

@Al_Kent sorry again for the slow response. I see that my colleague Katie has helped you here.

As @AndrewC noted, we will also automatically credit your account with £10 because of the long wait time.

Note to other members contacting us – the wait times are coming down a lot. We’ve made it our company’s #1 priority to destroy the email backlog and taken steps to prevent it happening again. The reason, as discussed elsewhere in the Community, is faster than expected growth in January, combined with some unforeseen operational issues in January and February that created a lot of email and phone call interaction.

I’ve also experienced incredibly bad customer service - my switch only completed today and I’m already regretting it. Worse customer than British Gas or any of the big companies

I have only ever experienced exceptional service ever since I joined Bulb. Not one day goes by that I dont regret leaving British gas. I also have a lot more money in my pocket to boot!

@VBT, perhaps you could elaborate on the issues you have faced with their customer service to help them improve in future?

Please Bulb! Do not take on more customers than you can cope with. Extra Energy did this and have had dreadful problems!

Good point @Holly1 .
Co-op Energy did that too a few years ago, and their reputation took a big dive. Having a dodgy IT system didn’t help!
After a rapid period of customer base expansion, Plusnet’s customer service has never recovered to what it once was.

I also worry that Bulb’s latest initiative to offer financial reward for ‘poor’ service is going to have the opposite effect to what was intended. There’s a judgement to be made as to whether it will actually lead to the best service in the world or start a spiral of decline.

@198kHz, slightly off-topic but what’s your current experience with Plusnet? It’s often my go-to recommendation but I’ve not had experience as a customer for many years (VM customer of a long time now - that sweet cable bandwidth…)

I can see from your other thread that you have various Plusnet pages bookmarked and also speedtest.net, which is never a good sign!

Please Bulb! Do not take on more customers than you can cope with. Extra Energy did this and have had dreadful problems!
I believe they've been trying to slow growth recently due to being unable to expand the team fast enough to cope as well as they'd like.

@mowcius and @holly1 and @198kHz it is correct that we’ve throttled growth to make sure we’re on top of our emails, billing tasks, etc.

I believe they've been trying to slow growth recently due to being unable to expand the team fast enough to cope as well as they'd like.

@VBT I’ve talked to @“DanP at Bulb” about your concerns with the chat you had with him. It sounds like your main concern relates to our communication of the price increase. If you have other concerns, please let us know, either by email, chat, or on the Community.

@xxx why do you feel that offering the credit for ‘poor’ service is going to have the opposite effect from what we intended?

Hi @“Andrew at Bulb” . I don’t mean the credit will definitely have an adverse effect, but would argue that it potentially could have. My reasoning (valid or not) is as follows:

With an ever expanding customer base and increased interest (generated by a sizeable sign up reward) there may be days when the volume of calls is high, the conversations are lengthy and customers have to wait more than 5 minutes to speak to someone. [Example: last Friday when I called I was still on hold after 5 mins 15 secs.] A few days like this and the number of £10 payouts could be quite substantial.

The company must then decide whether to keep absorbing the ‘fines’ or employ more staff - both options will increase costs → which may necessitate a price rise → which will cause an exodus of customers → which isn’t what the company wants.

Additionally, there’s a time when if I’d known the phone lines were busy I’d have probably told all my friends in the hope that we could all get £10 off our energy bills!

Hopefully none of this will happen but 5 mins is a challenging threshold for someone to answer the phone (I’ve known HMRC and nPower take 60+ mins with Plusnet not far behind).

@198kHz, slightly off-topic but what's your current experience with Plusnet? It's often my go-to recommendation but I've not had experience as a customer for many years (VM customer of a long time now - that sweet cable bandwidth...)

I can see from your other thread that you have various Plusnet pages bookmarked and also speedtest.net, which is never a good sign!

Discussion continued at https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/3733/techy-questions#latest

@xxx I see what you mean, now. The idea is that this measure pre-commits us to sustainable growth – precisely because the death spiral scenario you laid out would be so problematic.

That said, we do hope that members don’t try to game the system to get the £10.

Hi @"Andrew at Bulb" . Additionally, there's a time when if I'd known the phone lines were busy I'd have probably told all my friends in the hope that we could all get £10 off our energy bills!
I'm not sure I have a good answer to that, except that we'll try to have the capacity to absorb even a coordinated phone attack.

Better to give things a try than spend all day discussing and not getting anywhere!

Hopefully nobody attempts to game the system.

Hopefully nobody attempts to game the system.

We’ll keep an eye on things :slight_smile: If people do, then we’ll change the system. But we’d rather offer a cool thing and maybe have to change it in future than not offer it at all.