Possibly leaving bulb

I have got an outstanding bill with EON and can not afford to pay it . Unfortunately I may have to leave bulb and return to them . Please advise of leaving procedure and am I in credit ?

@Maddie2002
I do not know why you would be going back with them. If you cannot pay the bill in full, setup an installment plan with EON.

To my knowledge a previous supplier cannot force you to leave your current supply to deal with debt of the previous supplier. It would be odd to go back to an expensive supplier and then also pay debt on top of that.

I have got an outstanding bill with EON and can not afford to pay it . Unfortunately I may have to leave bulb and return to them . Please advise of leaving procedure and am I in credit ?

This is a public forum so please be aware not to post any personal information.

I don’t know if you have actually switched to Bulb but in theory EON could have objected to your switch from them to Bulb if your account with EON was in debit.

This is a public forum so please be aware not to post any personal information.

I don’t know if you have actually switched to Bulb but in theory EON could have objected to your switch from them to Bulb if your account with EON was in debit.

An energy supplier can only object to a switch if certain criteria is met, Citizen Advice sets those out nicely.

An energy supplier can only object to a switch if certain criteria is met, Citizen Advice sets those out nicely.

Perhaps this needs updating to point to the Citizen Advice page: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232292-What-happens-to-credit-or-debit-with-my-old-supplier-

Perhaps this needs updating to point to the Citizen Advice page: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232292-What-happens-to-credit-or-debit-with-my-old-supplier-

or at least point out the current rules, to switching and still give the advice: get your debt down before switching to avoid any complications.