Power

Dear Supplier,
My electricity in my house is not working. Is the issue central?
Thank you
Best,
Ivan

@IvanK, do your neighbours appear to have power?
Street lights also typically go off during a power cut to multiple properties (but not always).

Power cut information is however handled by the distribution companies rather than your electricity supplier.

For example, in the North where I am, I’d go and look at Northern Powergrid’s website here which shows no known powercuts.

One for the Bulb team though, I get notifications from Yorkshire water if there’s an issue locally; might there be some way Bulb can get notifications from all of the electricity distribution networks (or at least the major ones) and alert users as to the issue and expected resolution time?

One for the Bulb team though, I get notifications from Yorkshire water if there’s an issue locally; might there be some way Bulb can get notifications from all of the electricity distribution networks (or at least the major ones) and alert users as to the issue and expected resolution time?

Not Bulb’s responsibility @mowcius. If people want that information they can arrange it themselves.

@xxx, I’m aware it’s not their responsibilty but as a forward thinking company trying to be great to their customers, it would seem like a nice thing for them to do if technically possible and not (too) expensive to implement.

powercut105.com/

for future reference…

@IvanK In the mean time, the correct answer is from @phproxy and it’s to report the power cut by calling 105. They have all the necessary information regarding power outages, just give them a call and let them know next time round (I’m assuming it’s all cleared up now)

and

@mowcius @xxx I like the idea, it’s probably something that would best function through a smart phone notification (similar to Monzo’s notifications about their payment system having problems).

I think we’d try and avoid emailing as it may be resolved before the email is picked up! We’re still developing the app, to provide more key account functions, but this is something that could be added later on down the line.