Pre pay meter credit running out and no key

I just switched to bulb in my new house and what a mistake that seems to be. I ordered a prepay meter which they came and fitted but didn’t leave a card or key. Having just moved in I have realised my emergency credit is dangerously low. Spoke with them and it will take 3-5 working days to get the card. But why wasn’t one left when the meter was fitted. After all what good is a prepay meter with no facility to top up. My credit will run out today and I will be left with no gas till Tuesday or Wednesday. Not happy and these guys are not open till Monday now but the people they have answering calls seem to be poorly trained who just read from a script. In any event there isn’t any facility to top up other than with a card by ride over or something like that. What can I do to avoid 3 days of no gas water and heating

@Moamjad

This isn’t a good start to your new customer status with Bulb.

I have flagged your query to Bulb and fingers crossed one of the Bulb team will pick up your query outside their normal working hours so that you will have energy if the emergency credit runs out.

Can I assume you don’t have a smart meter?

@Moamjad

Is this issue still ongoing as there seems to be a failure in the process if during the switchover customers are unable to top up their non-existent key/card?

Hi @Moamjad,

Sorry to hear you’re having some issues. The quickest we can get a new card to you is by tomorrow so that you can top up as usual. In the meantime, if you have no gas supply please can you give us a call on 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm) so we can book you an emergency top up and get your gas back on.

On evenings and weekends you can always call National Grid on their emergency metering line 0800 001 4340 to help get you back on supply.

I’ve also sent you a message to get this sorted.

Thanks,
Pollyanna

Yes it’s an ongoing issue. Had change of meter but can’t see the point of someone installing a prepay meter without leaving a card for top up. That’s what led to the problem

@Pollyanna at Bulb

I’m not at all familiar with pre-payment meters, when I was young I was only familiar with a put a “bob” in the meter when the electricity ran out format.

Isn’t the process flawed if no key/card is left with the meter during its exchange?

How is emergency top up implemented without a key/card or does @Moamjad have a smart meter which means you can do it remotely?

Yes it’s an ongoing issue. Had change of meter but can’t see the point of someone installing a prepay meter without leaving a card for top up. That’s what led to the problem

Hi

Did you manage to get your key/card and top it up? I assume you haven’t been without gas since you first reported the issue?

@Pollyanna at Bulb

I’m not at all familiar with pre-payment meters, when I was young I was only familiar with a put a “bob” in the meter when the electricity ran out format.

Isn’t the process flawed if no key/card is left with the meter during its exchange?

How is emergency top up implemented without a key/card or does @Moamjad have a smart meter which means you can do it remotely?

Any thoughts as to my query?