Pre-Pay Meter top it or lose it?

HI, I have a pre pay meter here, which is a pain, it was put in due to someone who lived here before i am told, would i be better off putting £1000 on it for the year Jobs done…(I would hope) or paying £120 to have it changed… But don’t really want a smart meter, as they are about as reliable as a politician…
Wondering what to do, i would not be happy having to go to the corner shop to get electric, when ever the meter says its that time of the month…
As I said shall i just put £1000 on it…
Can you tell me which way is cheaper please?
Regards,
Slippers and dressing gown off to the corner shop!!!

Could you advise me please

if you changed to a credit meter your S/C would go from £0.030 a day to£0.020 per day(£71pa) afraid it would be up to you to decide cost V the inconvenience of going to corner shop

As skippy64 says your energy will be cheaper with a normal meter than a prepayment meter. Whether the saving is more than £120 to make it worthwhile, you’ll have to run the numbers to find out.

In any case, you wont be able to put £1000 on your meter. I think I remember reading somewhere the upper limit is £200.

Best thing to do is switch suppliers to one that will swap you over to a credit meter for free, and then look around to see who is the cheapest supplier and switch again. Bit unethical I suppose, but you’ve got to play the game.

1 Like

Thanks for your imput guys… its always fun clearing up someone else’s mess… have taken your wisdom on board…