Pre-payment cards

When will i receive my new pre-payment cards please for gas and elec? I need them asap as i don’t currently have any gas or elec

Hi @Maria_Ali123 ,

If you are still waiting for your first Bulb pre-paid key/card, then you can continue using your old providers card until then (see The first time you use your top up (prepayment) key or card – Bulb and Switching to Bulb on top up (prepay) – Bulb ).

If it’s a replacement, it should be with you in 3-5 working days but you can continue using your old providers key for the gas (as gas meters remember the last two cards used - Replacing a lost electricity key or gas card – Bulb ).

If you are still having problems (or haven’t got any keys/cards), you may be able to either activate emergency credit ( Activating and repaying Emergency Credit on your top up (prepay) meter – Bulb ) or your meter may support a VEND code top up ( check https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360013684571-How-do-I-top-up-my-smart-prepayment-meter-using-a-VEND-code- ) .

If none of those articles help, you’ll have to contact Bulb directly (this is just a community forum) - in this case, I would recommend either telephone or live chat as email may take some time (at the moment, it says 5 days for a response - but my request on Tuesday was responded to within 5 hours) - their contact details can be found on How to get in touch – Bulb .

This is a question to Bulb, at what stage of the process are prepayment cards sent out?

Is it before, on the day or after the actual switch?

Typically, Prepayment Cards are sent out so the customer gets their cards/keys a week before Bulb is officially supplying a customer with energy.

If you have not received any card/key within the week you are to official switch to Bulb, as @Allanr contact Bulb Directly by telephone asap, and before a weekend as they do not have office hours or contact hours over the weekend for any customer for any reason.

Typically, Prepayment Cards are sent out so the customer gets their cards/keys a week before Bulb is officially supplying a customer with energy.

I couldn’t readily see this info in the various Help pages for pre-payment meters.

I couldn’t readily see this info in the various Help pages for pre-payment meters.

Since there is very little help pages regarding prepay no wonder. However, as i am a ppm customer I have went through the process in October 2018. I would attach certain emails that i got from bulb but can’t redact the personal info currently.