Prepayment meters and referrals

I understand that Bulb charge the same flat rate to customers on prepayment meters as those on conventional meters. I have also been told that the £50 referral credit is still given if I refer someone on a prepayment meter who then switches to Bulb. What I’m wondering is whether that person can still get their £50 credit for switching using a referral and can they get further £50 rewards by recommending their friends? How are these rewards credited to their account?

Hi @louise1233 prepay members still get a referral link, we send a transferwise link to you and credit you that way. They can refer as many friends and family as they’d like.

Hi Bill. Thanks for that. Can you send me a transferwise link to me as I have a friend who wants to sign up who is on prepayment meter. Louise

Hi @louise1233 they can use your link to sign up as normal, and we’ll automatically send the transferwise link after the switch.

Hi @louise1233 if you send your friend your referral link from your Bulb account we’ll send you that link the day we take supply of your friend’s energy.

So do both the referrer and the new Bulb Prepay customer get their referral bonuses via TransferWise? Do you need to have a TransferWise account? Are there transaction fees? How does it work?

Is the referrer notified of the referral (and switch completion) by email in the usual manner and is the fact that it’s a prepayment customer mentioned in the email?

So do both the referrer and the new Bulb Prepay customer get their referral bonuses via TransferWise? Do you need to have a TransferWise account? Are there transaction fees? How does it work?

Is the referrer notified of the referral (and switch completion) by email in the usual manner and is the fact that it’s a prepayment customer mentioned in the email?

@“Euan at Bulb” or @“Bill at Bulb” - any info re the above please?