Prepayment/smart meters

Hi,
I was wondering if the prepayment meter and smart meters uses the same machine reader? Like can I switch anytime between smart and prepayment meter with the same machine?
I don’t have smart meter or prepayment meter installed but I want one (ideally prepayment meter) so I’m curious.
Cannot get through the customer service it’s annoying.

Thanks

Hi @Maddie1998x :wave:

Welcome to the community page :hugs:

If eligible - you would need to change your meter to a smart meter, once changed (as long as it has a smart connection) then you could switch between smart top up and credit.

With the top up function you can then top up on your online account or with a card.

You can also get non smart prepayment meters where you would have to go to the shop every time to top up both meters.

I will pop you an email so we can look into your account and see what the options are.

Thanks,
Mel :grin:

What a load of bull, i had meters installed which ended up being pay as you go when i was clearly told it would be pay monthly, they now refuse to change it over, having to take it to ombudsman when they can be bothered to send me my deadlock letter, do not trust them!!!