Previous Supplier

Hi, I have changed suppliers to Bulb. My previous supplier is saying they have never received a gas meter reading from Bulb even though I submitted this along with the electricity reading at the same time. I don’t understand why Bulb haven’t sent the information as it’s nearly a month ago I switched?

Readings have to be confirmed by a 3rd party, you will probably find Bulb/previous supplier are waiting on confirmation, it can take up to 6 weeks. This helps to avoid disputes at a later stage.

Hi @Nuala485

Thanks for getting in touch.

It can take up to 6 weeks from your supply start date with us until you receive your final bill from your old supplier. This is because there are two rounds of third party meter reading verification. It is likely that the meter readings are still being processed and they are on their way over to your old supplier.

The readings are not sent directly from supplier to supplier too. We send the reads to be verified and when verified, both suppliers are sent the agreed switch reads from a independent regulator.

Your previous supplier will continue to tell you that we’ve not sent the reads until you get the final bill from them, but we would have sent your reads to be used as switch reads when you provided them to us when you switched.

If you’ve not received through a final bill from your old supplier within 6 weeks, I would advise on asking them about the delay.