Previous tenant estimates been used

Hello,

I moved into my apartment on the 2nd of August.

When i signed up to bulb and took over the account from the previous tenant i was informed the previous tenant as using a huge amount of electric. The estimates i had been getting where well over £220.00 per month.

I have been submitting my meter readings and the bills are been adjusted to reflect my readings provided.

However i have just received an email from bulb claiming i owe more money and i am certain they are again using the estimated usage form the previous tenant. My last bill after submitted readings was £116.00 and i paid £125 putting me into credit.

Can this please be looked at as its syaing they are intending on taking £225.00 on my next payment and this sint right based on my usage.

Hi @cbennett,

Thanks for your post!! And Welcome to community :wave:

I’m sorry to hear about the issues with your account. We can definitely look into this for you.

Please could you drop us an email with your tennancy agreement, alongside starting reads from the date you moved in and up to date readings now? We will then be able to reset the account for you and re-bill you correctly.

if you let me know once you have emailed in, I can chase it up with the team to get you a response.

Let me know if you have any questions

– Daisy :bulb:

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for the response.

I did send an e-mail over to the complaints e-mail yesterday as I was a little worried :blush:

Someone responded quickly and had set the payment back to £125.00 and explained 2 checks are done a year and it can be based on the average ( including previous tenants’ usage )

So the issue was resolved but I am happy to send across that information, however it will be tomorrow as my contract etc is all at home.

Thanks again for the reply I really appreciate it.