Price Increase 1/4/2022

My rate for gas (per kWh) has gone up by 83%
I thought the price cap would keep that to 54%
Am I missing something?

Electricity charges at the price cap are going up by about 36% and electricity standing charges are increasing by around 82%.

Gas charges at the price cap are going up by about 81% and gas standing charges are increasing by around 4%.

Overall for a dual-fuel customer (paying by direct debit) it equates to a 54% rise, which is the figure you see quoted in the media.

Thanks Norman.
Maybe I’ll have to turn down the gas heating and switch on a few more electrical heaters.

I cannot understand meter charges for smart meters they do no work it is all digital and no meter readers come out to take readings like they used to, meter charges are a disgrace.

Done that switched gas heating off weeks ago watch tv a couple of hours a day, 72 years old disabled using 4kwh a day and i cannot do the conversion on gas but it only goes up 1 on the meter reading each day, i honestly believe the caps being raised have allowed power companies to charge more than the power actually cost but now its done anyone who thinks prices will go back down is living in fairyland all of the power companies are not going to give up those profit margins.