Price increase August

I note from your latest notification of the August price increase that it does not state if the new kWh figures quoted include VAT, this may lead to some confusion for some members. It does however state that the yearly projection costs do include VAT.

I would suggest future notifications quote one way or the other, it may save having a few debates on the community forum. :slight_smile:

I signed up to Bulb at the end of May and have just received the price increase message. The email said that you have previously warned customers about this, but as a new customer I didn’t get this warning.

I understand that sometime you will need to increase your prices, but I think that there should be a way of you letting new customers know this might be coming when they sign up, if you have already let existing customers know.

It is a fair point but there has to be a balance between what is practicable and the expense of trying to generate separate pages on all the various websites that will do a switch.
Although it was after you joined they have given 60 days notice. If they had the info on switch websites it would not be a level playing field unless all other utility companies gave 60 days notice of price changes, that would give the impression that other companies were cheaper due to less transparency.
The other benefit is you can leave Bulb with no exit fees.

I signed up to Bulb at the end of May and have just received the price increase message. The email said that you have previously warned customers about this, but as a new customer I didn't get this warning.

I understand that sometime you will need to increase your prices, but I think that there should be a way of you letting new customers know this might be coming when they sign up, if you have already let existing customers know.

I’m the same as you. I’ve just recently joined because of a better quote from Bulb than my previous supplier but now with this imminent price rise in August I’ve been informed that I’ll be paying around £7 a month more. That’ll bring it higher than my previous supplier wanted. Not sure if I’ve made a good decision to switch to Bulb. Might have to start looking around again :confused:

By my calculations…

@scudo Thank you for letting us know. I will make sure next time we include this information :slight_smile:

@lorna @Den If we think that we may have to increase prices we include a message like the one below on our website. This one we had on the run up to April:

We cannot always make this message available on price comparison sites.

@scudo is right, we still may be cheaper so it is better looking at our rates/costs and seeing if it still would be cheaper to switch to us. A lot of suppliers have been announcing increases.