Price increase

It’s a surprise that as soon as I switch to you I get a price increase!!! WHAT A BLOODY SURPRISE!!! You all piss in a he same pot and ripping the customer of all the time

It’s a surprise that as soon as I switch to you I get a price increase!!! WHAT A BLOODY SURPRISE!!! You all piss in a he same pot and ripping the customer of all the time

I haven’t received notification of the price increase yet, but you are always free to cancel your switch and move elsewhere. Although I haven’t seen the price increase email, but if you are an existing customer it will have said something about 60 days before the price takes effect.

@Fizz Obviously it’s disappointing to switch just when the price increases, but with wholesale prices on a steady rise this year, good luck in finding a company who won’t increase their tariffs. Bulb are just as quick to lower prices when the market allows.
A good overview here - https://bulb.co.uk/blog/energy-price-watch-changes-to-our-energy-prices-sept

Hi @Fizz - I’m sorry you feel that way - we’re genuinely trying to change the perspective of energy in the UK, and as @Allanr has said you have double the Ofgem recommended notice period to have a look and see if something else suits your needs better. You are never in a fixed term contract with us and we don’t charge exit fees, so you have as much time as we were able to give to mull everything over.