Price increase

I’ve just switched to bulb and just received an email saying they are increasing my payments by 39.42 pm. What? Amyone else received amytjing like that? I’m shocked…

Yes us too I’ve only been a member since earlier in the year and have two prices since then makes me wonder if I am better off or not?

Yes us too I’ve only been a member since earlier in the year and have two prices since then makes me wonder if I am better off or not?

Other energy suppliers have also increased their prices as well, if you are unhappy just check out if worth changing suppliers using a comparison site.

It is a massive increase from bulb. Back to searching for a better deal. Wages haven’t increased by that much if at all…so how on earth can customers just be expected just to find an extra £39. Pm for gas and electricity?

Hi @Lizn & @Jo72 - We’re sorry that our prices have risen so soon after you joined. I know that it’s a real downer so soon after joining. We’ve given you 60 days to do some additional research and see if Bulb’s still right for you.

@Jo72 - your last bill will say your annual usage, if you’re worried you’re no longer better off, price comparison sites can give you really in-depth detail on which would be cheapest for you.

@Lizn - I know it’s a big rise - Unfortunately we can’t base our prices on wage increases, it’s entirely based on the price of wholesale energy, and since there has been a significant gas shortage leading into winter, it has meant that the prices of buying the gas that’s available has gone up. If you check out our blog we go into a lot more detail on this as well.

https://bulb.co.uk/blog/energy-price-watch-changes-to-our-energy-prices-sept