Price increase

Hi,
You are increasing your prices because the global energy prices have increased. Why does this affect Bulb when you produce 100% renewable energy and are therefore unaffected by global prices?

“Why do wholesale prices affect Bulb?
We always buy 100% renewable electricity and 10% green gas. However, renewable generators will sell to whoever is prepared to pay for it (and rightly so!). This means that when fossil fuel prices go up, renewable prices go up too.”

Hi, You are increasing your prices because the global energy prices have increased. Why does this affect Bulb when you produce 100% renewable energy and are therefore unaffected by global prices?

I found this concept also strange when I switched to Bulb. A couple of months down the line I think I have a little better understanding.

Bulb don’t produce their own energy they buy it from producers, Bulb has to show that in the case of electricity for each kWh of energy used by their customers they purchased the same amount from a green energy supplier.

The green energy produced isn’t unlimited, so as wholesale prices for other source energy prices rises, the green energy suppliers also raise theirs on the basis of supply and demand.

Bulb have some useful information on this page: https://bulb.co.uk/energy/

Thanks guys! Couldn’t have put it better myself. @Andy1964 if you have any more questions please do let us know