Price increases in march

I am with Toto energy and they have recently increased their prices for gas and electricity and it would appear that Bulb would be my cheaper option but I note you intend to increase your prices in March, can you please confirm what the price increase would be for gas and electricity to allow me to calculate if you would end up being more expensive in March?

I look forward to your response which I trust you can send to my email address?

In my opinion you should just switch to Bulb and see what happens.

Bulb give 60 days notice to change prices and they don’t have any exit fees, so if you do switch and the increase is excessive in your opinion you can simply move away without penalty.

Hi @suzie, as wholesale electricity prices change all the time, Bulb will likely not yet know what (if any) price increase is going to occur in March.

They are going to give us 60 days notice though so I suspect the announcement will come out in a few weeks.

In my opinion you should just switch to Bulb and see what happens.
:+1:

Hi Suzie, we can’t say for sure yet what our price increase would be if we were to do one, we’re still keeping an eye on wholesale prices. We’ll make a decision on it later this month. It would definitely not be anywhere near the magnitude of Toto’s price increase though. Their price increase was excessively large, taking them from one of the most competitive tariffs to one of the least competitive. We’d only increase our prices in line with wholesale energy price changes, which haven’t increased anywhere near the amount Toto increased their prices by.

Their price increase was excessively large, taking them from one of the most competitive tariffs to one of the least competitive.
And this is the big issue with the really cheap suppliers. They have to do things that aren't ethically very sound to actually try and make money. I bet there are plenty of people who will presume they're still reasonably cheap despite the increase, or just won't bother thinking about it until they get a few massive bills.

Far better off sticking to a company who are open and honest about what they’re doing, even if they’re not always the cheapest.

Guys, l was with Toto Energy from May last year and its been a nightmare. Lack of communication from the start. DD’s did go up with the last rise a month ago, but I understand fuel prices can cause this. As it was near the year end decided to shop around with Cheap Energy Club only to find out Toto were hiking there prices up. When my final DD was taken, l cancelled it thereafter as it was only a few days before l joined Bulb. Toto then tried to take a further payment 10 days later and l also saw that my final bill was over £600 in arrears, as they had hiked my gas and electric up. I have tried calling them for days and sent emails but nothing, except the threatening letters to say my bill requires paying asap. The initial final bill said it was due by 2 June, however a 2nd letter said it was severely overdue and was for a slightly lesser amount which is very confusing. Although l am new to Bulb, just out of principle, glad l changed.

I would email both as below.

complaints@totoenergy.com

And…

Mr Thomas Nicholas Managing Director

Email tom@totoenergy.com

They have many 1* reviews.

Hi there @HEPBURN9124 we’re delighted to have you, though I’m sorry to hear you’ve had such a bad experience over the last year or so. That’s something which reflects badly on the whole energy industry, and doing things like keeping all of our decisions open and honest are all part of our aim to help make getting your energy a much more pleasant experience than people have had with other suppliers