Price increases

I have just signed up to bulb, and before the changeover has gone through I’ve received an email to say priced may go up in August. Doesn’t give me confidence. I could be doing another ’ confused.com’ search again.Very disappointed .

Hi, @Jolliffe71 it’s really not something that we want to do, but we just wanted to be upfront and honest about what’s happening in the energy industry and that it looks like we may need to increase them in the future. If we do increase our prices we’ll give you 60 days notice and you are always free to leave. Please let us know if there’s anything more you think we could do.

Gas and electricity supplier Npower is raising energy bills by an average of £64 a year for a million customers.

The average 5.3% dual fuel price hike comes into effect on 17 June and follows earlier rises announced last month by its “Big Six” rivals.

British Gas is increasing prices by 5.5% from 29 May, while Scottish Power is raising prices by 5.5% on 1 June.

That could have been the same for any company you signed up to with a variable tariff. Bulb’s prices continue to be among the lowest available.