Price increases!!!!!!

Once again another provider saying one thing and doing another.

Provided Bulb with previous years energy usage, readings and costs with a view to changing providers. After all that is what the Govt tell us to do every year.

Now, less than a year in to our agreement, nothing has changed within the property, we are mostly out in the day and have solar panels. Yet Bulb are now saying they, based on usage, want to increase prices. All suppliers are bordering on the dishonest, suck you with “cheaper” prices only to increase them once your “in”.

The real reason for the monthly change is Bulb have increased unit prices. Shameful act but still cheaper than the other fraudsters I suppose.

@macca1957

Purely as another customer.

Of course the real reason why Bulb want to increase your price is due the increase in Unit price which has been clearly explained, most certainly in the information I received from Bulb.

If you send monthly meter readings at the correct time to Bulb this will result in accurate bills.

All you then have to do is to make sure you have sufficient credit to month a months energy use in advance. This is possibly somewhat over-simplistic, you have to take into account the possibility of greater use of energy during the winter months

Personally I try to keep my DD payments the same each month so over a year my credits and debits balance out, but always ensure I keep a credit in my account sufficient to pay at any time the one month advance payment requirement.

Thats the reality I am afraid in that all energy companies have been hammered with price increases this year. I am more annoyed at what the government adds to our Bills to support green issues They go green and we have to pay for it, and it is a lot more than what the price increases are.

Thats the reality I am afraid in that all energy companies have been hammered with price increases this year. I am more annoyed at what the government adds to our Bills to support `green issues` They go `green` and we have to pay for it, and it is a lot more than what the price increases are.

I have to kinda agree with you on the Government involvement or poor policy decisions that cause increases in our bills, but the biggest issue is making agreements with guaranteed min price per KW/h produced regardless of he market conditions, like Hinkley Point c and still wanting to use outdated technology, expensive technology.

I have only every posted my own meter readings so no estimates. And I also have read the cost of wholesale energy increasing but less than 6 months in and my DD goes up by 50%. I don’t think so. Thought Bulb were different, I’m off to make another switch.

@Lioness789

Energy Prices will always increase due to the increase of demand on the Energy Grid, I think you will find that all suppliers will be increasing their prices throughout the year. Obviously always be searching for a cheaper deal, and if you find one switch, that’s how consumers can make energy competitively priced.

I joined bulb in September and have yet to submit a meter reading. However, Bulb has just informed me that my monthly direct debit needs to increase by 59% due to usage? has anyone else experienced this. I feel duped by the low DD figure they quoted to get me onboard!!!

I joined bulb in September and have yet to submit a meter reading. However, Bulb has just informed me that my monthly direct debit needs to increase by 59% due to usage? has anyone else experienced this. I feel duped by the low DD figure they quoted to get me onboard!!!

Just for clarity, are you saying you have not submitted any readings to Bulb even though you have switched to them?

When you switch to a new supplier you are requested to submit a meter reading so that your new supplier can correctly bill you in future and your old supplier can provide a closing bill and give you a refund or request any underpayment.

I have only been with them 3 months, build up a credit of £110 (135% of my payments) only to be told they want to up my payments by 29%. I always balance my bills so they even out over a year. Will be giving serious thought to finding a new provider

I have only been with them 3 months, build up a credit of £110 (135% of my payments) only to be told they want to up my payments by 29%. I always balance my bills so they even out over a year. Will be giving serious thought to finding a new provider

You can keep your DD the same as long as your credit is sufficient to pay one month energy use in advance.

I carried out a price comparison on two different comparison sites earlier today and Bulb appeared in the top six as the cheapest supplier, this being based on my estimated annual energy usage.

Unfortunately this could be bulbs downfall, with their recommendations of increasing payments, with a poor formula and, to what i have seen, a very poor email describing, in detail, what is going on and why. While Bulb is cheaper than most energy providers, the experience of using the bulb in this particular fashion is an issue.

Taking account of the Nov 11 price increases, my bill for this month split the unit costs per kWh for gas electricity in two. My old gas and electric tariffs were, respectively, 2.68p and 11.80p; they are now 3.55p and 12.60p. By my calculations, that’s a whopping rise of 32% for gas and ~7% for electric, or 19% on average! So, a bit more than the typical 11% hike we’ve been advised about. Not happy about that at all.

Taking account of the Nov 11 price increases, my bill for this month split the unit costs per kWh for gas electricity in two. My old gas and electric tariffs were, respectively, 2.68p and 11.80p; they are now 3.55p and 12.60p. By my calculations, that's a whopping rise of 32% for gas and ~7% for electric, or 19% on average! So, a bit more than the typical 11% hike we've been advised about. Not happy about that at all.

I honestly don’t know where they got the 11%.