price rise --- November

HI

Just joined and see there is a price rise in November – how can i move from my existing tariff onto a tariff which will limit my exposure to this rise and where on the bulb website can i do this ?

Hi @KWT - We only have one tariff at Bulb so if we raise our prices it affects all of our members, If you don’t think variable tariffs are right for you I’d advise having a look at fixed tariffs on Price Comparison sites. We don’t have exit fees or set contract lengths so you can leave penalty free if Bulb aren’t for you.

Gas increase is 30%+

Crazy. I guess the Bulb house of cards is falling apart. Were the low prices used to sucker people in with a bait and switch?

Hi @darren8792 we do our best to keep prices as low as we can, and as soon as wholesale prices start dropping enough that we can put a price fall through we will do. We certainly aren’t trying to bait and switch people, and we always do our best to be super transparent about these price rises and why we’re doing them, as well as giving as much notice as possible (60 days-more than most companies I believe) so that people have time to consider all their options and switch away before the rise if they find that to be their best option

Hi @darren8792 we do our best to keep prices as low as we can, and as soon as wholesale prices start dropping enough that we can put a price fall through we will do. We certainly aren't trying to bait and switch people, and we always do our best to be super transparent about these price rises and why we're doing them, as well as giving as much notice as possible (60 days-more than most companies I believe) so that people have time to consider all their options and switch away before the rise if they find that to be their best option

There’s 0% chance you’ll reduce prices over winter - it’s more likely we’ll see another increase. There is no reason not to switch to a fixed deal elsewhere at this point, as these insane price hikes are quite frankly worrying

Actually Bulb’s gas price hike is just short of a 33% rise in the retail price, from what I’ve gathered from surfing the web for Bulb to break even, i.e. not take an increase in profit that would be equivalent to a 43% rise in the wholesale price, which I cannot imagine being right, unless Bulb pre-bought the last lot at a tremendously low price. Can this really have been the case?.

@darren8792

Price increases over the Winter are just as likely as any other time in the year.

Wholesale price changes happen when national forecast usage is higher or lower than expectations before that date. If we have a mild winter, and the reasons for the recent price increases reduce in likelihood, then we would see future wholesale prices reduce.