Problems with Bulb app

Is anyone else having problems with app

I’m not having problems on my Android Nexus 6 phone - are you on iPhone or Android [and which phone in particular]? What sort of problems are you having?

Hey @IzzyC - thanks for flagging that to us. Just like @RichyB is asking, could you be any more specific with the phone you’re using, and the problems you’re seeing? We can then pass the details to our tech wizards to investigate.

I’ve just tried to submit my electricity readings, day & night, however, the app will not accept the decimal point and I could not get it to submit with whole numbers only. This is using an HTC One M9 running Android 7.0

@h8ten Hi - The decimal point is not actually necessary for calculating how much your energy you use so we just use the whole numbers hence why we don’t ask for the last digit, sorry if that’s confusing or could have been expressed more clearly.

@h8ten Hi - The decimal point is not actually necessary for calculating how much your energy you use so we just use the whole numbers hence why we don't ask for the last digit, sorry if that's confusing or could have been expressed more clearly.

Hi @“Ben at Bulb” that is what I understood and entered online. I have just had another look at the app and if I go to enter the gas reading (using the previous figure from a couple of days ago) the submit button changes colour however for the day and night electricity readings the button will not change colour allowing me to submit the readings. I tried using the same readings, then thinking it may not accept the same readings I increased it slightly but the button still will not change colour to allow me to submit a reading.

Hi @h8ten I have emailed you to get a picture of the problem so we can either raise a bug in the app or advise on how to solve your problem.

Thanks
James

I have the same problem. I can enter the gas reading fine. The electricity shows a previous reading with a decimal point ?!? it won’t let me enter the new reading without a decimal point. There is a decimal point button .- combined with the - sign, but it won’t accept this.

So I can enter my gas on the phone then have to open my computer to send the two electricity readings

Hi @tom243 I think the resolve the problem you have to submit electricity readings in the app with leading zeros. So if the previous reading has a 0 at the start, you need to type this in as well. We appreciate this isn’t the most intuitive so have raised it with the tech team. Let me know if you are still having trouble.

I’m new to bulb and have had problems signing into my account using the ipad. I managed to log in using a laptop though. Is this a common problem?

@Jamers I have heard some members have trouble on Safari (the default browser on the Ipad). We are keen to look into this but to do so need as much info as possible. If you could send a full description of at what stage you are having trouble, ideally including screenshots, to help@bulb.co.uk that would be brilliant :slight_smile: