puzzled

“Your payments are too high. We recommend £119 a month based on your usage and current balance.
Your balance is low. You’re using more than you’re spending.”

How do I simultaneously pay less and pay more?

You posted the same query earlier today, a Bulb employee team member will be able to pick up your query when they are back in the office tomorrow.

The second sentence does seem strange.

I would just find a medium, try it and give it a go for a month or so, and it is seasonal, so we tend to use more in the winter months than in the summer, so even if you do pay more one month, you’ll have credited your account enough to, hopefully, cover the cost.

I would just find a medium, try it and give it a go for a month or so, and it is seasonal, so we tend to use more in the winter months than in the summer, so even if you do pay more one month, you’ll have credited your account enough to, hopefully, cover the cost.

@Baj1936 The recommended payment decrease is the correct information here. I am talking to the tech team about why the other information is conflicting. It shouldn’t be!

Thank you for your reply.
But your tech team now inform me that:-
“Your payments look good based on your current usage and balance.
Your balance is low. You’re using more than you’re spending.”

Which you must surely agree, is still gibberish.

And why have I not had, apart from an automated acknowledgement, a reply to my email dated 19 June 2018?

Thank you for your reply. But your tech team now inform me that:- "Your payments look good based on your current usage and balance. Your balance is low. You’re using more than you’re spending."

Which you must surely agree, is still gibberish.

Did the tech team actually inform you or is the information you quoted copied from your “Payments and Statements”? I assume it is the latter.

Personally I would think the tech team are still working on sorting out the odd terminology “Your balance is low. You’re using more than you’re spending.”

This line doesn’t make sense, regardless of what is shown on the first line.

I have just received an email:-
“Since the 24th May 2018 you’ve used £70.92 of energy. Your account is now £137.32 in debit.”
My payment of £135 has been ignored.
On my statements web page it shows that I am actually -£2.32 in debt; this is correct.

What is wrong with the system? Have TSB been involved?

I have just received an email:- "Since the 24th May 2018 you've used £70.92 of energy. Your account is now £137.32 in debit." My payment of £135 has been ignored. On my statements web page it shows that I am actually -£2.32 in debt; this is correct.

What is wrong with the system? Have TSB been involved?

Please be aware this is an open forum which can be see by all customers of Bulb so it would be wise not to post too much of your personal account details.

I can only summarise what has happened in your case (I’m purely a Bulb customer).

1. The email which you received indicates £70.92 energy costs and account in debit £137.52. I’m assuming this is correct.

2. If your direct debit is set for the 24 th of each month, then since 24 June falls on a Sunday it wont be paid from your bank until the next working day which in this instance is tomorrow 25 th June.

Once this direct debit is paid your Bulb account will have a debit of £2.32 (£137.32 less £135).

On your account statement I would think it shows something like:

Date In Out Balance

25 Jun 2018

Payment + £135.00 - £2.32

24 Jun 2018

Energy used - £70.92 - £137.32

Hi @Baj1936

The payments you make are for the next month, as you’re paying for your energy in advance.

They wouldn’t show on the previous month’s statement as there is already last months payment on there.

The balance is correct at £2 and it’s not abnormal to be slightly in debit around this time of the year, you may find your balance heads towards credit as the summer continues.