Re-positioning meters

Hi,
I don’t have a smart meter. I’m looking at maybe changing the position of where my meters are. How should this be achieved?

Thanks

Contact Bulb there is a charge though.

Hi @bulbop. When moving a meter more than a meter or through a wall, you need to contact your local distributor to arrange to move the supply piping/cabling first and then contact us to move the meter itself on the same day. Moves less than a meter are managed by us though we have to charge in either case.

Hi there @bulbop that really depends on where you want to move the meters from and to. If you wanted to move them more than a meter, or through a wall, then the way to fo it is to get in touch with your distribution network operator (they’re the guys who maintain the wires and pipes, the ones you see digging up streets and fiddling with transformers and whatnot) and arrange for them to come out in the morning and move the pipes and/or wires, then let us know and we’ll come out in the afternoon to move the meters themselves. We’ll need at least two weeks notice to book that in from our end, and longer would usually be better.

If you want them moved by less than a meter, then just give us a ring on 0300 30 30 635 from 9:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday and we’lll get that sorted out for you.

I hope that helps, if there are any more specific questions please do let me know.

Hi there @bulbop that really depends on where you want to move the meters from and to. If you wanted to move them more than a meter, or through a wall, then the way to fo it is to get in touch with your distribution network operator (they’re the guys who maintain the wires and pipes, the ones you see digging up streets and fiddling with transformers and whatnot) and arrange for them to come out in the morning and move the pipes and/or wires, then let us know and we’ll come out in the afternoon to move the meters themselves. We’ll need at least two weeks notice to book that in from our end, and longer would usually be better. I hope that helps, if there are any more specific questions please do let me know.

Hi there @bulbop that really depends on where you want to move the meters from and to. If you wanted to move them more than a meter, or through a wall, then the way to fo it is to get in touch with your distribution network operator (they’re the guys who maintain the wires and pipes, the ones you see digging up streets and fiddling with transformers and whatnot) and arrange for them to come out in the morning and move the pipes and/or wires, then let us know and we’ll come out in the afternoon to move the meters themselves. We’ll need at least two weeks notice to book that in from our end, and longer would usually be better. I hope that helps, if there are any more specific questions please do let me know.

Hi there @bulbop that really depends on where you want to move the meters from and to. If you wanted to move them more than a meter, or through a wall, then the way to do it is to get in touch with your distribution network operator energynetworks.org/info/faqs/who-is-my-network-operator.html (they’re the guys who maintain the wires and pipes, the ones you see digging up streets and fiddling with transformers and whatnot) and arrange for them to come out in the morning and move the pipes and/or wires, then let us know and we’ll come out in the afternoon to move the meters themselves. We’ll need at least two weeks notice to book that in from our end, and longer would usually be better. I hope that helps, if there are any more specific questions please do let me know.

Hi there @bulbop that really depends on where you want to move the meters from and to. If you wanted to move them more than a meter, or through a wall, then the way to do it is to get in touch with your distribution network operator energynetworks.org/info/faqs/who-is-my-network-operator.html (they’re the guys who maintain the wires and pipes, the ones you see digging up streets and fiddling with transformers and whatnot) and arrange for them to come out in the morning and move the pipes and/or wires, then let us know and we’ll come out in the afternoon to move the meters themselves. We’ll need at least two weeks notice to book that in from our end, and longer would usually be better. I hope that helps, if there are any more specific questions please do let me know.