Readers

Will Bulb tell me when my meter will be read and safety checked?

@TonyFix4141, do you suspect there is a safety issue with your meter?
If so, you should get in contact with Bulb to arrange an engineer visit rather than waiting for an in-person reading.

I believe they normally send someone round to check your meter readings every 6 months or so but I doubt they’ll let you know beforehand. Part of it is to try and catch out people who may be submitting incorrect readings; if they let you know they were coming, those being fraudulent would just never be in/never answer the door.

Will Bulb tell me when my meter will be read and safety checked?

Hi @TonyFix4141 - we send our meter readers out at least once a year as part of regular checks, but don’t usually communicate when they are coming. Do you think there might be a problem with your meter? We can arrange an ad hoc visit at a scheduled time if you think there is a problem. Let us know.

All is good with me, I work nights that’s all. my gas meter is outside but my electric one is inside.

@TonyFix4141 thanks for confirming that your gas meter is safe. To echo @mowcius’ comment, if you do have safety concerns, please immediately call us or call the National Grid Emergency line on 0800 111 999.