Readings and usage

I might just be being impatient, but the electric reading I submitted yesterday hasn’t shown up on my account just yet - has it gone through okay?

I know gas takes a bit longer to show so I’m not worried about that one, but I’m used to the electric being visible straight away!

Also, the estimated readings on my account always seem to be way, way higher than I would expect, will these be more accurate the more manual readings I submit?

I am trying to get into the habit of submitting a reading a couple days before the bill is due, but I’m failing a bit at that at the moment!!

Thanks for checking, @kathryn1315. I can’t see an electricity reading on your account from 5th, so it doesn’t look as though it came through okay. Could you send it again, or let us know what it is here? We can then pop it on.

And you’re exactly right about the estimates; the more manual readings we get from you, the more accurate your estimates will become. :slight_smile:

Thank you for checking for me! I’ve taken another reading for both and submitted them just now, hopefully they’ll go through this time :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks- we’ve got it now! <3