REALLY High Bills

I desperately need some advice on my bill. If there is anyone out there in a similar situation then I’d love to hear from you. I live in a small flat, I’m at work all day and don’t have the heating on constantly when I am home. Yet my energy bill was £185 for this month. Yes… £185. I have two meters, an economy10 and a standard rate meter (so 3 meter readings in total) and nobody seems to know why. Is there anyone who k owe about this?!

I desperately need some advice on my bill. If there is anyone out there in a similar situation then I’d love to hear from you. I live in a small flat, I’m at work all day and don’t have the heating on constantly when I am home. Yet my energy bill was £185 for this month. Yes... £185. I have two meters, an economy10 and a standard rate meter (so 3 meter readings in total) and nobody seems to know why. Is there anyone who k owe about this?!

Couple of questions to explore options:

Is the bill based on an actual meter readings? Does the PDF statement say “estimate” on it anywhere next to the readings?

Since you’re on Economy-10 I presume you have electric heating, likely storage heaters. This is the most expensive type of heating available. A bill of the size you’ve received is not that surprising. My bill for January with the cold weather was £157 and that’s with gas heating, so it seems you’re not doing too badly. Is this your first winter in the property so you have no comparison?