Refer a friend £50 credit

Hi.

I referred my neighbour with my link. He was switched on the 21st March. Can admin look into when I will receive my credit please?

Hi.

I referred my neighbour with my link. He was switched on the 21st March. Can admin look into when I will receive my credit please?

Is there anything in your “Refer a friend” page?

I would also suggest you contact the Bulb team direct as they wil have details of your and your friends account details.?

Nothing in my refer a friend page. I was hoping an admin can contact me regarding this as they are on this forum. and can send me a direct message. But as it’s the weekend, I’ll wait for a reply from one of them Monday onwards.

Ok. So I emailed Bulb and they wanted me to ask my neighbour if he had topped up! I shouldn’t have to do the running about. Bulb states, and I quote: “Switches usually take 21 days, but can sometimes take longer. You’ll receive your referral credit when the switch has completed.”

My neighbour informed me that the switch was completed on the 21st March. Why do I have to wait for them to ‘top up’ their account? It has now been a whole month since he switched!!

@phillyzippy, if you refer someone on pre-pay, I don’t believe you get the referral until their first top-up (and the referred member equally doesn’t get their credit via Transferwise until they top-up).

As it sounds like they didn’t sign-up correctly using your referral link, Bulb are doing you a solid by offering you the referral credit anyway - their terms state that you won’t get it unless they use it in the correct manner.

17.2.5. The Recruit must use the Referrer's Personal Link to switch energy supply to Bulb on bulb.co.uk. Referrals claimed retrospectively are not eligible and will not be rewarded. Bulb is not responsible for failure to issue Rewards resulting from an incorrectly quoted Personal Link.
17.5.1. Bulb reserves the right to verify Referrers and Recruits, and require proof of eligibility.

17.5.2. The method by which Users may refer shall be at the absolute discretion of Bulb.

As they’re basically offering free money here, maybe consider not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

As in my previous post my neighbour informed me that the switch went through ok using my referral link. He has told me that he has got his £50 credit. I have done everything by the book. I could see no mention of the fact that I only get credit when they top up. It clearly states " “Switches usually take 21 days, but can sometimes take longer. You’ll receive your referral credit when the switch has completed.” The switch was completed 1 month ago! As for your comment “not looking a gift horse in the mouth” I have referred a friend and they are now a Bulb customer thanks to my referral link. Bulb should honour their statement, simples!!!

So in this case it sounds like there has been some kind of error and I’m sure Bulb will sort it out for you if all is as you say. They should be able to see on their systems that you referred your neighbour, and that they have received their referral credit but you have not.

Bulb do have over a million customers now though so there’s only so much you can expect from the relatively lean support team. I don’t think that asking you to double check something with the person you referred is an unreasonable request. If you tell them that it’s not possible or inconvenient for you to ask, I’m sure they’d make another suggestion.

I really would suggest phoning rather than email though if you’re wanting the fastest resolution to this problem. Email and forum discussions are considered to be lower teirs of importance than people phoning in.

On a related note, why do people expect everyone to be infallible these days?

My original post was a week ago. I am quite happy with Bulb employees on this forum to look into it. Like I originally asked. They have done so in the past and I got a result. Granted, there is a Bank holiday but to save on my phone bill I would rather ask on here or email them (as I did). I am in no hurry. I just want to know why is has been 1 month since they switched. Like you say, it must me on their system? which brings me back to my original question: “Can admin look into when I will receive my credit please?” I will wait for a reply from a Bulb employee/admin. Besides, I am not the only one that has had a problem with referral credits looking at previous posts. If Bulb are seeing the same problem on a forum then maybe they will have a holistic approach. Thanks for your reply though mowcius. :slight_smile:

...... but to save on my phone bill I would rather ask on here or email them (as I did).

Just to mention that calls to Bulb are charged at local rate (similar as calls to 01 and 02) , so if you have inclusive local calls in your package then calls to Bulb are free.

UPDATE: Bulb asked me to contact my neighbour, again! and ask if he had topped up! Why should I be doing this? Surely it should be on the system. He has had his £50 many weeks ago. So has obviously switched! Now I am being told to ask my neighbour questions!! who I referred and switched on the 21st March. He has his £50 credit! This is beyond a joke! There is nothing showing in my account regarding ‘refer a friend’ I am being asked to do the run around. This is unacceptable! If you tell customers they will get £50 credit for referring them to you then you should honour it.