Refer a friend - LeaderBoard

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. I was wondering if Bulb has a refer a friend chart, where we can have a leader board to see who has referred the most people each month.

It would be fun to see who can refer the most people similar to Three Mobile.

Hope my link www.bulb.co.uk/refer/shamsuddin reaches the person who has 6 months worth of credit.

Cheers

This is a wicked idea. I’ve passed it on to @“Will at Bulb” – he’s gonna love it.

This is a wicked idea. I've passed it on to @"Will at Bulb" -- he's gonna love it.

Thanks Andrew. I knew I was onto something bright :+1:

Interesting idea, but one potential problem I can think of.

While some people might enjoy seeing their name in the list, others might not want their details published in which case there might be a privacy issue. Therefore maybe users should have to opt-in to such a list or at least have the ability to opt-out.

Just a thought.

Hey @shamsuddin, it’s a great idea and one that we’ve mused about at times too. It’s great that you want it too. I’ve added it to the ideas section of our roadmap. You can see it here - https://trello.com/c/wCzuNuIQ/22-a-leaderboard-for-top-referrers

One way to address @cynthia6692’s concern about privacy is might be to just tell members their own placement, but not others. So you’d know that you’re 82nd in the ranking, but wouldn’t know who was 81st or 83rd. How does that sound?

Hey @shamsuddin, it's a great idea and one that we've mused about at times too. It's great that you want it too. I've added it to the ideas section of our roadmap. You can see it here - https://trello.com/c/wCzuNuIQ/22-a-leaderboard-for-top-referrers

One way to address @cynthia6692’s concern about privacy is might be to just tell members their own placement, but not others. So you’d know that you’re 82nd in the ranking, but wouldn’t know who was 81st or 83rd. How does that sound?

If leaderboard only displays your Username then I don’t see any privacy issues. From the username, no one can really know your full name, email or address. Or you can again opt out.

Other random customers won’t know who you are, that’s true. But what about your friends and acquaintances that you have referred? As soon as they see your username in the list they will know exactly who it refers to.

And if you’ve done particularly well in the list you might not mind one or two close friends knowing but if everyone knows and they talk, you could quickly find yourself the subject of local gossip. That could get awkward and not enjoyable!

Do you see where I’m coming from?

I think Will’s suggestion of letting you know your rank is a good one. And there’s no harm in displaying the totals of say the top ten or twenty. It’s just the automatic inclusion of usernames that might cause a problem - although as I said, people could opt-in to have their username displayed if they wish, but that should be their choice.

Personally I’d rather not know what my ranking is on this leaderboard, visible or not.

Maybe if you reach the top “x” referers, you could get a congratulatory email from Bulb, but for everyone else, knowing you’re 136276/200000 on the leaderboard isn’t necessarily too great, especially if you’ve been trying really hard telling your friends how great Bulb is!