Referral credit not allowed?

Hi. I switched from my supplier Scottish Power to bulb on u switch and tried to use the referral tab to also switch my mum who is 88 onto bulb too. It wouldn’t work so carried on through u switch. No credit has appeared in any of our accounts and bulb customer service say there is nothing they can do and as they take over both of our premises gas and electric on 4th September it’s not cancellable… I need to go back to a compare site and switch away again so after that I can retry using a referral back to bulb again…
Is this crazy or what??
Regards Dean

Hi. I switched from my supplier Scottish Power to bulb on u switch and tried to use the referral tab to also switch my mum who is 88 onto bulb too. It wouldn't work so carried on through u switch. No credit has appeared in any of our accounts and bulb customer service say there is nothing they can do and as they take over both of our premises gas and electric on 4th September it's not cancellable.. I need to go back to a compare site and switch away again so after that I can retry using a referral back to bulb again.. Is this crazy or what?? Regards Dean

I don’t think you can use a referral link if you go via uswitch, it has to be done through the Bulb web site. Personally as the switch is meant to take place on 4 September you need for this to happen as I guess there won’t be any time for the supplier arrangements to revert to Scottish Power.

Once the switch has taken place you are free to cancel with Bulb but not sure if you can then use a referral link to rejoin Bulb, since this is what it says in Bulb;s T&C:

17.2.4. Referrers must be existing Bulb members. Recruits must not have already signed up to Bulb or be an existing member, already on supply with Bulb, or a member of Bulb in the preceding 12 months, under any email address or alias.

Many thanks for taking the time to help me out with that.
I’ll wait until the 4th I think and just switch back to Scottish Power if bulb aren’t willing to help 2 new customers.
no big deal

Again thank you

Many thanks for taking the time to help me out with that. I'll wait until the 4th I think and just switch back to Scottish Power if bulb aren't willing to help 2 new customers. no big deal

Again thank you

My comments were as a Bulb customer, the Bulb team may have a different view of the situation.

I will give them another call just to verify.
Regards Dean

Hi Alan. I’m sorry but as a matter of course we don’t add referral credit when you join through Uswitch. Sorry that you missed out.

Hi Alan. I'm sorry but as a matter of course we don't add referral credit when you join through Uswitch. Sorry that you missed out.

Did you mean Dean? :o