Referral credit

2 of my friends have completed there switch and used my referral link, they have both topped up there meters and its been 3 days and i still havnt recieved my referral credit?? Any ideas why?? bulb themselfs dont help at all when ive spoke to them.

2 of my friends have completed there switch and used my referral link, they have both topped up there meters and its been 3 days and i still havnt recieved my referral credit?? Any ideas why bulb themselfs dont help at all.

Have you asked Bulb for Help?

2 of my friends have completed there switch and used my referral link, they have both topped up there meters and its been 3 days and i still havnt recieved my referral credit?? Any ideas why bulb themselfs dont help at all.

Have you asked Bulb for Help?

I have yes :slight_smile:

I have yes :slight_smile:

Thanks, I wonder why you said Bulb don’t help?

If your request was by email then I believe they normally reply in 5 working days, which means if the switch was 3 days ago then latter part of next week you should have a response from Bulb (taking into account the weekend plus the Bank Holidays) ,

I always do the live web chat so it’s quicker always get a response and issues solved quickly

I always do the live web chat so it's quicker always get a response and issues solved quickly

I cant seem to get on the live chat for some reason, tried on my phone and laptop and cant get live chat :frowning:

Just looked for you live chat only open till 6. You’ll probably have to try again Monday from 9am

I always do the live web chat so it's quicker always get a response and issues solved quickly

I cant seem to get on the live chat for some reason, tried on my phone and laptop and cant get live chat :frowning:

Their hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday as per: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us

Not to forget that next Monday is a Bank Holiday.

Hi @Jennny89,

I can see that Hannah got back to you yesterday with more information about those referrals.

For members switching to Bulb on prepay, we need them to top up with both their key and card, then wait 48 hours, and the referral credit will come your way.

If you think you friends have already done this, just reply to Hannah’s email and we’ll investigate further.