Referral link on Trust Pilot

Hi everyone, i remember reading something about putting referral links on trust pilot… I am reading trust pilot now and everyone seems to be doing this and putting their links on… Can someone please clarify is this permitted? Am i allowed to post my referral link on there, i don’t want to get offside with Bulb in anyway or break their terms and conditions but it surely it has to be a level playing field for all bulb members and for some users to get a substantial amount of cash this way and others being penalised or prevented from doing so would be unfair. Comments welcome. Apologies in advance if i have missed anything from Bulb

Search for bulb referral link on google and there’s a customer paying to be the top search result…

I’d guess that Bulb don’t really care so long as they’re growing at a decent rate…

Yes I agree with what you said at the end. I also read on bulbs website the top referrers earned £45000! That Is a serious amount of cash and yet I heard the referral link is only for family friends.

No body in the UK would have that many family and friends to generate that sort of money without having set up some sort of system as you have described and mentioned in your post above.

I welcome and look forward to more points and discussion on this issue and subject from all users. I would also like to add on Bulbs FAQ it says ’ How many people can i refer? The answer on their website mentions something along the lines of ‘There are 26 million households in the UK so get referring’. So it clearly is not just for family and friends

@Mohammed7

Bulbs comments are light-hearted and made in jest and should not be taken literally.

Section 17 of Bulb’s terms and conditions at Terms & Conditions | Bulb states:

• 17.3.3. No paid advertising of Personal Links is allowed across any search engines or social media platform.
  • 17.3.9. Personal Links may not be posted or shared on review platforms such as, but not limited to Trustpilot and Google reviews. This is to protect the integrity of reviews.
  • 17.3.10. Personal Links may not be posted or shared in reply to Bulb’s platforms, or Bulb profiles on other platforms. This includes but is not limited to the Bulb Community, and Bulb social media pages. This is to ensure that these platforms remain a place for their intended content and discussions.

So the Trustpilot links, links on this forum are banned. I’m not seeing any paid advertising on Google for the term ’ bulb referral link ', but if you do find any, drop Bulb an email at help@bulb.co.uk and they’ll either contact the person or just suspend their referral link (see also http://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/2101/taking-referral-links-off-the-community-to-make-discussions-easier/p1 )

Hi Richy B thanks appreciate it. You have mentioned clause 17.3.10- no links shared or posted on bulb profiles but i can see your referral link on your bulb profile when i click on it or am i mistaken here and this is different. Thanks Richy…

I read that as replies on Bulb’s platforms or Bulbs profiles on other pages - such as their Facebook profile pages or Twitter profile pages (and the Bulb profile on Trustpilot) - where as the link on my ‘personal profile’ page I felt was allowed under the terms (I think you are probably one of the first people to see it even though it’s been there for months: I don’t think people tend to check others profile pages). Of course, if I’m wrong, I’ll happily remove it, but, yes, some more guidance from Bulb staff would be good.

@RichyB

If you do remove the information in your profile will you please let me know how you did it since I can’t find a way of removing the details against my profile?

@Mohammed7 We do not allow our members to post their referral links on Trustpilot.

Although we cannot remove the links ourselves, we can block the links to stop them working and get in touch with our members to ask them to remove them.

@“DanP at Bulb” . This is something I don’t understand, I wanted to leave one review on trustpilot but I couldn’t and for some reason I can’t any longer login??? At the same time I have noticed this such Teresa has put her review in TP a number of times in the last few days, so why is Bulb or Trustpilot allowing her link? Are Bulb paying this person to put this review there?

@Bog This is not something we allow and so I have blocked the teresa7552 referral link and will be in touch with that member to say they need to remove it from the review. We are not paying this member to post it there.

@“DanP at Bulb” thanks for the clarifying. Does the same apply to everyone else who post referral links on Trustpilot though? I still see plenty of people doing that in particular this Bonnie, I have seen her a few times in the last few days too and always on top of the page as well?

@Bog Yeah, it does apply to everyone but it just a time consuming process to try and keep on top of! I will get in touch with bonnie1447 to remove this links as well. Feel free to let me know of any repeat offenders.

Idiots like this don’t help Bulb: https://trstp.lt/qtcCNs

lucy9452

When you have to write “TP don’t like the referrals” you know exactly what you are doing, so why do it?