Referral money

Hi, I’m due £200 referal money on 20th Feb but I moved house on the 8th, when I log in it says my account is now closed. Will I still get my referal money? Iv heard nothing

Hi @Tasha_123 ,

Once Bulb has finished closing your account (it can take up to 8 weeks due to the meter readings having to be ‘verified’ by OFGEM), they’ll issue you with a final bill and then any credit on your account will be refunded in the next few days (although it can take a week to work it’s way through the banking system). Referral rewards count as ‘normal credit’ on your account so if you had £200 in referrals and had £50 paid from your direct debit, you’ll have £250 on it’s way to you in a few weeks.

Hi, I'm due £200 referal money on 20th Feb but I moved house on the 8th, when I log in it says my account is now closed. Will I still get my referal money? Iv heard nothing

Referrals are credited only to an open account of existing customers. Any referrals that were not credited to your account before the 8th you will lose. You may get lucky depending on exactly when Bulb consider you account to be closed, as @RichyB says, but if your account already indicates that it is closed (even though you’re still waiting your final bill) then it’s probably unlikely you’ll get anything.

Worse still, the people you referred may also lose their referral credit due to your account being closed. If that is the case, then you should tell them to ask Bulb to change their referral to special “non-referral joining credit” code. I can’t seem to find that right now, but there is one. It’s generally used by people that want to join with the £50 credit but don’t have anyone they know personally to refer them, and also don’t want to use a random persons code. Bulb may not allow this, but the problem has occurred in the past and resulted in an acceptable outcome for the new customers.

Thanks @Hooloovoo for the clarification, I ‘parsed’ the question in a slightly different way and failed to cover the ‘if the switch hasn’t completed yet’ issue.