Referral Problems Today

It appears that switches are completing as normal today and new members are being credited with referral rewards, but referrers are not receiving switch confirmation emails or referral credits.

@“Eleanor at Bulb” @“William at Bulb” @“Devin at Bulb”

Problem now rectified.

Hi @norman7115,

That’s interesting, I haven’t encountered this problem myself today. Are there any particular cases which are still outstanding?

Hi @“William at Bulb” . I’ll send you a quick message with details.

Hi @norman7115 - thanks for raising this. There were a few issues causing credit & email notification delays this morning leading into early afternoon. It’s been resolved now, and communications should be going out now.

I referred someone who started his supply with you in June but no payment has been received by either party. This needs to be sorted asap, it's pointless providing a referral link if it doesn't get activated automatically.

So you posted here rather than contacting the Bulb help desk?

Ok emails stopped coming to me as they did every month. Told a good few weeks ago my Smart meter was not doing readings to you. But don’t worry we sort it all out in A week no need for us to do anything now I am confused no readings since May. You got on my page I don’t agree in any way as it not my problem it yours. Bulb Every Month my Direct//D gets taken out . I let it carry on thinking my tradings was done also know I had quite a bit of credit it the way I budget. Why tell me this Smart/meter will give you readings . Than reading on my Bulb account no readings since May. . Now you stopped taking readings from my own meter as I did as you told me will be off Smart meters now. No worries it will all be sorted well what has happened. As I have seen a total confusion . I could understand all your emails before every month they came on the 21st to tell me our Direct/D will be coming out on the 24 th as usual what has happen now. Has anyone else had this problem. Please Answer. Thank you.

Has anyone else had this problem. Please Answer.

Yes, hundreds of people have this problem. This forum is full of posts about smart meter issues. Only Bulb can solve your problem, so contact them directly. You’re unlikely to get an answer in a thread about referrals in a customer forum.

For what it’s worth, you should again be able to submit meter readings via your online account, so maybe try that next time round.

Hi @norman7115 - thanks for raising this. There were a few issues causing credit & email notification delays this morning leading into early afternoon. It's been resolved now, and communications should be going out now.

@“Bill at Bulb” - this issue looks to have occurred again (at least in part) this morning (Sunday).

Hi @“DanP at Bulb” . Looks like you’re active in the community this morning, welcome back!

I’m bumping this thread (as discussed above with @“Bill at Bulb” ) just in case we have a repetition of the issue described in the opening post. Either all switch confirmation emails are delayed today or referrer emails aren’t happening at all. Can you check please. Thanks.

@norman7115 Thank you, it’s nice to be back :slight_smile: Is this an issue you have had today as well as in the past?

Hi @“DanP at Bulb” . The original issue occurred on 29th August, the date of the opening post. It was across the board, not just me. There looks to be a delay more than anything else today, so it may be in the process of correcting, albeit very slowly. I’ll shout again if it grinds to a halt.

@norman7115 Thanks, I’ll talk to the comms team and have a quick search around to see if other people are experiencing the same.

Ping me over any examples if you find any and I can take a look.

Thanks @“DanP at Bulb”. I’ve messaged you.

Hi @William_at_Bulb. Looks like we have a recurrence today of the original problem reported in this topic. Can you please check to see if the relevant people are aware of any delays? Thanks.

Hi @norman7115,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. @Bill_at_Bulb is away at the moment, but I can speak to the rest of the referral team to make sure that they’re aware of the issue.

Would you be able to DM me any examples? Thanks

Hi @William_at_Bulb. Just DM’d you. Thanks.