Referred by a friend

Hi there, I switched to bulb recently through a friend’s referral link, however I was never awarded the £80 that bulb stated it would. How do I go about it?
Thank you!
Alisa

Hi there, I switched to bulb recently through a friend's referral link, however I was never awarded the £80 that bulb stated it would. How do I go about it? Thank you! Alisa

When did you use the referral link and when did switch actually take place? £80 figure is new to me I have seen £50, £75 and £100 referral but not £80. Did you receive any emails at the time from Bulb?

This is the screenshot of the fb page with link I did the switch through. I did the switch as soon as I saw the post, before the 29th of April.

Was this from the Bulb Facebook page?

Unless I am wrong that referral link no longer works.

Could be for a number of reasons, one being the person whose link you used was no longer a customer of Bulb at the time of your switch.

If the link was valid at the time you joined Bulb you should have received an email from Bulb saying something like:

Welcome to Bulb! Once your switch is all done and dusted on 2nd May, you’ll get £50 credit into your Bulb account. Great work going green.

The link was definitely still active, as I switched on the day it was posted. The email I received from Bulb on the 24th of April, did not say anything about the credit…

The link was definitely still active, as I switched on the day it was posted. The email I received from Bulb on the 24th of April, did not say anything about the credit...

If I could ask the same question again was the Facebook screenshot you showed above from the Bulb Facebook page?

The link may have been active on the day you “Joined” Bulb but your switch would have occurred nominally 21 days later. You would only get the referral credit if the person who referred you was still a customer of Bulb on the day of your switch.

The link was on the fb page of the friend that posted it, and that’s the screenshot of her profile page on the day she posted it.
So if the “offer” works only for the day of the actual switch, and given that there is a deadline of a few days for the link to be used, how can anyone ever actually get the credit from Bulb, since the switch occurs 21 days after joining? The friend who posted it is currently a bulb user as far as I know.

That link appears to be no longer active, it ends up as a general quote page.

If it was an active link did it begin similar to this image?

However I do think there is a flaw in the bulb website here, it should state for inactive links that the referral offer for that link is not a valid referal due to some reason or other…

This is basically how the referral system works.

1. You click a referral link supplied by a friend, what ever offer is attached to the referral link is what you should receive in due course…

2. 21 days after you joined Bulb via the referral link your switch will take place.

3. If on the date of the switch the person whose link you used is still a customer of Bulb then both of you will receive whatever offer was applicable at the time you joined Bulb.

In theory if the email from Bulb on 24 April did not include details of a referral link of your friend then it would normally mean you didn’t use the link when you joined Bulb.

I’m just a fellow customer only a Bulb team member will be able to check out your account and validate if you joined via the link plus if there was any problems with the referral link of the friend who referred you.

That link appears to be no longer active, it ends up as a general quote page.

However I do think there is a flaw in the bulb website here, it should state for inactive links that the referral offer for that link is not a valid referal due to some reason or other…

I also found the link no longer works as mentioned in my earlier response.

It may very well be that the referral link did work at the time Alisa joined Bulb, but something has changed since the joining date?

Thanks for your help to both of you. I’ll get in touch with the friend to find out what happened. I do think the system is flawed, as there was no chance for me to know that the link was not valid. I did not know how the page was supposed to look like when I joined, and assumed it would add the credit once the switch was complete.

@Alisaven9

Hope it works out for you, perhaps you can report the final outcome?

COMMENT REMOVED BY BILL AT BULB. POSTING REFERRAL LINKS IS BANNED ON COMMUNITY

Hi @Alisaven9 ,

We’ve run a range of different referral rewards over the years. The latest being the £75 per person that’s running for one week with people in certain areas (we’ll have emailed you if you’re in that area). Otherwise it is £50 as standard.

To my knowledge we’ve never run an £80 per person scheme, it’s certainly not something currently being run.

I’ve looked up the link you’ve shared and can’t find an active referral link for it so you may want to talk to your friend about it.

As long as the recruit, the one being refereed get’s in touch, we’ll always look into any error for you and resolve it as soon as possible.

Best

Oisin