Referring a friend moving in to a new house

It looks like the previous occupants were supplied via bulb. Does this mean that I cannot refer them?

It looks like the previous occupants were supplied via bulb. Does this mean that I cannot refer them?

This is a customer to customer forum you may be better off by contacting the Bulb team direct via: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

Was just seeing if anyone here knew off hand. got an odd message after they followed my refer link

@TMac You cannot refer them, they would have to refer you and they are only allowed to do so if they have a new account at their new property.

I would suspect you would not be able to refer them - as they will technically already be a Bulb customer under a ‘deemed supply contract’.

However, for clarification (after all Allanr and I are both just fellow Bulb customers), you’ll need to contact Bulb directly - but once you’ve got an answer please let us know (or ask them to reply to this thread), so at least we’ll know for certain for the future and be able to let other people in the same situation know instead of having to email Bulb.

@TMac You cannot refer them, they would have to refer you and they are only allowed to do so if they have a new account at their new property.

I’m already a customer, the new people in the property are not. I understand that I cannot refer them. Unfortunately they have decided to leave Bulb and move to another supplier.

Thanks all for your replies.

Ah I see, it can vary a little on a case to case basis but it sounds like a no in this case, if they’re off to someone else. Maybe they’ll head back towards us at some point, and we can see about getting you some credit that time around :slight_smile: