Referring a 'friend'

2 questions. Same theme . . .
First: How do I refer my mother in law - she has no email address/doesn’t use internet/has her finances managed by my wife.
Second: I have been advised that I will be given the £50 sign up if I ‘switch’ our holiday home electricity supply to bulb - is this correct?

Thanks. George

@bulbbham55,

1: Bulb rely on customers using email as they do not provide statements on dead trees. If your mother in law does not use email, someone would need to manage her account for her completely.
2: You can indeed refer yourself for your second home to get £100 (£50 in your current account and £50 in the holiday home account). Both homes can be managed through the same MyBulb login and email address though.

2 questions. Same theme . . . First: How do I refer my mother in law - she has no email address/doesn't use internet/has her finances managed by my wife. Second: I have been advised that I will be given the £50 sign up if I 'switch' our holiday home electricity supply to bulb - is this correct?

Thanks. George

@mowcius got this spot on! Let us know if we can help any further @bulbbham55. Look forward to welcoming your holiday home and potentially your mother-in-law to Bulb!