Referring businesses to Bulb

Hi,

Do you work with energy brokers? If not can I refer a business customer from my refer link?

Thanks

HI @theboy, we do not currently have a business referral scheme. we don’t work with brokers at the moment either.

Thanks

Thanks @james_d

Hello,
It’s been a while but we thought we’d update this for anyone who wants to refer a business to switch to Bulb. This could happen in two ways, so we’ll put both options in.

You need to do this during the sign-up process:

You’re a business, referring a business: Ask the business you’re referring to tell us over email that your business referred us. We’ll add £50 to both your accounts when the sign up is complete.

You’re a member with a non-business account, referring a business: Ask the business you’re referring to give us your referral link over email. We’ll add £50 to both your accounts when the sign up is complete.

And that’s it! And if you’ve stumbled here by accident did you know that Bulb supplies energy for businesses? We do! Happy referring.

Hi Denise,
I m a small business but with a relatively high electricity usage (67000 kwh p.a.) I m shopping around for a new contract and Bulbs rates are very competitive, except I know they can vary. Does anyone have experience of how much rates can vary seasonally? I m guessing as we go into winter business rates are expected to rise. Also I m thinking they will rise over time anyway. Other providers want to tie you in to a 12 month minimum contract, giving better rates if you commit to 2 or 3 years. I must say that Bulb are much more upfront with their pricing, and it all looks so much simpler (no contract tie ins, no having to waste hours on the phone getting prices from call centre staff, etc etc) but the down side is I can`t accurately put my electricity prices into a cash flow forecast. How many times have you changes your prices (up or down) over the last 24 months please?