Refine the Quote

I’m trying to help a family member join and having a problem in Refine the Quote. They are currently with different suppliers for gas and electricity and when we try to specify these suppliers in the quote, it keeps assuming they have the same supplier for both utilities. I didn’t have this problem when I joined. Can anyone help?

I'm trying to help a family member join and having a problem in Refine the Quote. They are currently with different suppliers for gas and electricity and when we try to specify these suppliers in the quote, it keeps assuming they have the same supplier for both utilities. I didn't have this problem when I joined. Can anyone help?

Although I am already with Bulb I have just tried accessing refine a quote and experienced the same problem as you.

Hi @pontyender_66,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having a problem. I just did the same @Allanr, we just made a change to our quote page and this looks like a bit of a problem, thanks for letting us know! I’ve reported this to our tech team so we can get it fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Pollyanna