Refund for massive overpayment

I hope someone can help me with this. To cut a long story short Bulb have been charging me double for my electric for over a year, thanks to someone from the community this was solved but after over a month of waiting I’ve not received my refund and the person dealing with it is not responding to my emails.

It’s not lost on me that I was called and demands made for me to pay over £1000 to fix my incorrect bill, but when I’m owed money there is nowhere for me to turn to get help quickly. I know this payment could be made right away but it would cost Bulb money. I really need to know where I can turn as this cash came from my savings and I want it back ASAP.

Rich

I’m afraid you will have to raise a case with Ofgem. I am in exactly the same situation, and I just cannot get the money refunded. I started the Ofgem process today, but it takes a long time. I have sort of written off the £400 I am owed - it’s very difficult to get a straight answer out of them. However, you probably won’t be able to read this reply as I have had all my posts blocked since I raised the complaint earlier today. Good luck, I sympathize.

Thanks for the reply this is really disappointing news considering they owe me £2300, it’s so frustrating that they feel they can treat people like this. I really hope you get a positive outcome on your case.

Hi @spenjankowski :wave:

I’m sorry you’ve had issues with trying to sort your refund.

I can see your account has now been updated and your refund was processed on the 26th Feb. It can take up to 10 days to reach your bank account. If it’s not with you by next Tuesday please let me know and I’ll be happy to chase it up for you.

– Meg :bulb:

Hey thanks for the reply it was actually issued yesterday so we’re all good thanks.