Refund my Credit back PLEASE!

on the 4th November 2021 I was in credit with Bulb for £988.88, on numerous occasions I asked for the credit to be refunded, no reply, no response at all…how gracious of them, I live alone and out during the day so obviously a low user, as recommended by Bulb my payments were reduced down, since going into administration my payments have fraudulently been increased to £295.25 per month, I reduced the payments but without my permission and dismay they took more than they should have, oh and in November they done 4 x estimated readings, will be taking this complaint further

I had issues, they used the previous residents usage which was Hugh du to medical equipment. On 3 occasions I told them to look at my previous usage, they lowered the payments then put the back up within days.
In the end I cancelled my direct debits and made them use the credit.

Good Idea to cancel direct debit and use credit, thank you x

1 Like

Hi @TC_59 - welcome to community :wave:

I’m really sorry for the service you’ve experience whilst trying to get a refund, and then having your payments increased.

I can see you have a refund of £427.58 pending. It was requested today so it’ll be with you in 3-5 working days.

The readings you submitted yesterday are slightly higher than our estimates. If this happens regularly then we would need to increase your payments, so I would advise submitting readings every month if possible.

– Meg :bulb:

I had the exactly the same experience. It would seem the customer has no control over their own bank account once Bulb have got their fingers into it! In other circumstances, this would be classified as criminal behaviour (fraud).

Hi @J5AEO

I’m sorry to hear you had a poor experience with getting a refund.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about your account please can you send an email over to complaints@bulb.co.uk and we can take a look?

Thanks
Ele :sunny:

Same thing here. Credit build up for 3 months in front, but they don’t want to reduce monthly payments. I could invest that money rather than keep in bulb account. I wrote an email to them but no reply so I am not going to chase my money anymore wasting my time ringing them and waiting on the line. The only easiest solution is to cancel direct debit and use credit this way.

Hi @gytis_bulb - welcome to community :wave:

We need to keep enough credit in your account to cover next month’s payment, as we take payment in advance, but we can refund any remaining credit.

Your suggested payment amount is between £103.76 - £115.29, so I can refund up to £170.79. Let me know if you want me to go ahead with this? We’ll also need your direct debit active to be able to process the refund.

– Meg :bulb: