Refund of credit

My account is nearly £100 in credit, how do I get this money back instead of it sitting in my account? I could really do with the cash to pay other bills and it is disappointing not to be rewarded for using less energy.

Hi @Rebecca2012 ,

From the stickied post at the top of the ‘Help and Support’ forum https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/6700/how-can-i-request-a-refund :

We advise keeping extra credit in your account so we don’t need to increase your payments during the colder months.

However, if you’ve built up credit in your account and would like us to refund it, you can let us know.

Before we refund the credit on your account, we’ll need to check:

1. You’ve given us a recent meter reading.
    Then we can check that the balance on your account is accurate compared to your usage before we issue a refund.

2. There is more than one month’s payment in your account.
    This is so your account does not fall into debit when we send your next statement.

We’ll refund the credit into the same account as your direct debit. It can take up to 10 working days to reach your bank account.

If you’d rather keep the credit in your account but lower your direct debit payments, just head to the “Payments and Statements” section of your Bulb account.

If you have moved supplier or house, we’ll automatically refund the credit on your account within a couple of weeks of receiving your final bill.

See also the following Help Articles: