Refund of Exit Fees

Hi, I’ve just submitted my final bill to Bulb showing our exit fees from old supplier and had confirmation that the amount has been added to our account as a credit. Is there any way this amount can be paid out to us directly as I thought that is what would happen? It’s not going to make any difference to our monthly payments for a while (if ever!) and as we have nearly £100 to pay EDF including these exit fees as well as our monthly amount to Bulb it’s going to make things a bit tight next month so it would be more useful to have the refund paid out to us.

There is a process for requesting a refund. Please search the Help page for the word refund. As an aside exit fees are paid into your Bulb account not direct to your bank account.

Thanks…I was hoping there would be the opportunity to choose if you want it paid directly out to you or onto your account. I don’t see how there’s going to be much noticeable benefit from having it on the account and I don’t feel it was made particularly clear that this was the case.

Thanks...I was hoping there would be the opportunity to choose if you want it paid directly out to you or onto your account. I don't see how there's going to be much noticeable benefit from having it on the account and I don't feel it was made particularly clear that this was the case.

This is the definitive source regarding exit fees: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001227591-How-to-claim-exit-fees-charged-by-your-old-supplier

This is from Bulb’s Terms and Conditions:

2.4. If your previous supplier charges you an exit fee to terminate your contract, we will refund this as a credit to your Bulb account when your switch to Bulb completes, up to a maximum of £120 per switch (including VAT). To claim the refund, you must upload or email a copy of the final bill from your previous supplier for the property switching to Bulb, with the exit fee amount itemised.

Bulb;s Terms and Conditions would have been sent to you in the Welcome pack when you joined Bulb. So to be honest I think Bulb made it clear what happens to your exit fee?