Refund on account

Hi I have just received my bill by email and noticed I am in credit by a bit. Please could this be refunded to my bank account? Thanks.

Bear in mind usage will be higher during the next few months so you could use up any credit, however you can contact Bulb to arrange or discuss a refund from the help page.

https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us

@kerrie If you could give us up to date meter readings we can arrange to refund any of the excess credit, we just need to know that we have definitely been charging you correctly so far. We have only estimate reads since the opening ones.

Hi I have submitted my meter reading so now can you refund me any over payment. Thanks

@“DanP at Bulb”

Hi I have submitted my meter reading so now can you refund me any over payment. Thanks

@kerrie I can see my colleague has sent a refund to you already. One thing I will say is your gas reading is quite a bit higher than we expected so the next bill might be higher than previous ones. We recommend refunds are best placed when you have just received a bill from us and the bill uses actual readings.