Refund

I have over £400 on my bulb account. Can I please have it refunded?

I have over £400 on my bulb account. Can I please have it refunded?

You are posting your query to fellow customers on this Community forum. Search for the word refund on the Help page this will advise what you need to do to request a refund.

I have £560 in my Bulb account and have closed it because they kept my monthly direct debit at a high rate despite the accumulated amount. I have supplied them with closing readings and have asked for a refund in accordance with advice from their Help page but can’t seem to get a response from “Customer Services” (?) so be warned, fellow customers! Bulb Energy are much slower to return overpayments than chase customers if it’s the other way around!

I have £560 in my Bulb account and have closed it because they kept my monthly direct debit at a high rate despite the accumulated amount.

That seems an extreme course of action given that you have full control of your direct debit payment amount via your account dashboard.

It’s the lack of communication above all! Perhaps they could have pointed me at the account dashboard as the account balance was so high? But it’s still the case that they have not responded at all to my refund request of 6 working days ago, which is not wonderful customer service.

I’ve had no problems with Bulb refunding me credit from my account!!! The last two times I RANG THEM UP the money was in my account at the end of the day I requested it. Simples

It's the lack of communication above all! Perhaps they could have pointed me at the account dashboard as the account balance was so high?

Or perhaps you could have simply investigated what facilities were available via your account dashboard? That’s one of the first things I did when I switched to Bulb to familiarise myself with the system.

Or perhaps you could have looked at the extensive knowledge base and found these instructions.

Whilst I acknowledge your point that customer service is poor right now, the basic premise is that Bulb don’t need many customer services staff because the majority of things customers need to do is entirely self-service. One of the reasons Bulb customer service is so overwhelmed right now is because of people who refuse to RTFM and contact them with unnecessary questions.

At any point you could have reduced your payment level, not had the credit build up so high, and not needed to contact customer services at all whether they are any good or not.