Refused £50 recommend a friend

Anyone else been refuse the £50 even after getting a email to confirm your friend as signed up and both will get £50 once their account has changed to bulb. Then after they have moved to bulb they sent you a email saying that already have a account? So you will not get the £50 ??

Was the property of your friend already supplied by Bulb?

No she was with another supplier…then when the change over Bulb sent me a email saying she already have a account with Bulb so wont pay the £50… this is a complete lie by Bulb… I’m now thinking of moving to another supplier …

I also switched to Bulb after being referred by a friend, who is a Bulb customer, and have yet to receive my £75 although I have made a payment. My friend has not received their payment either. Is this a clever marketing ploy? I am very disappointed that I cannot find an email to address this situation without going on this community site.

The main reason for referral rejections is cancellations in the cooling off period. Then there are customers who have previously been with Bulb Then there are multi-occupancy enrollments which are not allowed as you can only have the referral money just ONCE.

I also switched to Bulb after being referred by a friend, who is a Bulb customer, and have yet to receive my £75 although I have made a payment. My friend has not received their payment either. Is this a clever marketing ploy? I am very disappointed that I cannot find an email to address this situation without going on this community site.

Have you clicked the Help button at the top of this page to locate their contact details?

Recommend and moved within 3 weeks but still refused the £50 she has never been with Bulb …have email Bulb who reply aying they would be in touch with 5 days…now on day 9 and still no reply… Im in credit of over £300 will be moving now to another supplier

@Griffith

What does “Recommend and moved within 3 weeks mean”?

@Griffith you know you can refund your excess credit back to your bank account. As long as you maintain a month of credit.